Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun Friday

I decided today to use less boxes and make Fridays "fun Fridays" since I intend to work on Saturdays as well because we are so behind. So todays boxes were:
-journaling
-back of yesterday's math page and today's math lesson
-spelling
-book adventure (she got a 100% on a second grade book! I don't know how they level their books, I think it's similar to AR I've heard).
-science poster

We had to deliver a wedding cake today to Warner so that took up most of our midday time so I'm glad that I didn't give her much. However, we still didn't get to work on the water cycle poster and I'd REALLY like to wrap this stupid unit up that's been going on forever it seems like. I think we are going to try to set up frog eggs and see how that goes. We did have Meredith (our dear friend who turned 14 in March and we still hadn't seen her) over for her birthday supper (tacos!) and dying easter eggs so that was fun. Tomorrow is an Easter egg hunt here in Pittsfield, then a playdate with some friends we haven't seen much of since they moved. Then some Mommy time, I'm going out with a friend and my sister. I'm going to try to fit in a math lesson and science poster in there as well but who knows.

So she's really taken to the journaling over these past 3 days, day 1 she was reluctant. Today's topic was water, anything about it. She drew a picture of the ocean with her swimming and wrote "This yis me swimming. i love swimming a lot-i love so much i can do it. April 10, 2009." It was so tidy and nearly perfect spelling. Besides the random hyphen that she put in I added the punctuation, she's not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment