Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth Day

We are going to focus on Earth Day this week. I very foolishly last night in a flash of "brilliance" told Jillian that we could do a paper mache earth today. What the heck was I thinking? First of all my kitchen is a mess and it would take all day to get it picked up! Second of all, I have no balloons or newspaper. *sigh* Well, maybe I'll just have to run to the store and get balloons and a paper. Or maybe we'll just postpone till tomorrow, I can bum a balloon from my mom tonight since I'm sure she has some and get papers out of Dad's recycle pile. That would be more sensible, yes? :) We scrapped the idea of working on a country right now because we have so much going on with science. We are studying spring and this week Earth Day and I'm also going to send away for frogs and butterflies. Since I'm planning on schooling without a summer break I may do country studies in the summer and drop science for then. So today for workboxes we are doing:
~~Spelling
~~Phonics
~~Reading Spring book from library
~~Dominoes war game
~~Math page
~~Book Adventure
~~Some kind of science project

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I want to incorporate Earth Day into our school week this week to. I can't think of anything and I definitely won't be making a paper mache Earth LOL! I'll have to Google and find some ideas!

    Oh, we raised butterflies last year and it was awesome. Really cool. Never thought of doing frogs....hmmmm...that would be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete