Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally!

Jeepers, I've been trying all day to reset my stupid password...is it me? Yeesh. Ok, so last weekend I went out and bought some Sterilite bins and set up an old shoe rack to try work boxes (yes Missy, I really do want to BE you...not just follow you on blog websites but actually BE you!!! lol). I didn't buy the ebook but I'm considering it, I wonder if I can just buy the section on discipline? Actually, today was our first day of me actually filling the boxes and she did great!!!!! I got 9 boxes but could only think of 8 things...lol. So Wednesday's boxes were:

-Journal (a new adventure for us...I am trying not to be picky on spelling but...yeesh. Today her topic was homeschool, I told her sometimes she'd have a topic and sometimes she'd be free to write about whatever she wants)
-Phonics
-Science (reading library book on water and answering questions I made up)
-A gluing project (her choice)
-Math lesson
-Spelling
-Learning Palette
-A reading type page

I already set up tomorrow's boxes (the nice part about this is that I like the visual for me too!). There is a flash card story order game, phonics, science library book, math game with pennies, spelling, math lesson, journal, water cycle poster (which we are creating together so that's fun!). I really like this system, seems like it will work well for Jillian because it's so visual she can't ignore it. It took her until 4 to do all her boxes today but in fairness, she did have music class in there too! Hopefully tomorrow there will be less dawdling and distractions and we can forge on!

I think I've decided to make the 9th box be Allyson's box and I'll put some things in there for her because she kept monkeying around with Jillian's boxes. We can work on colors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment