Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why oh why?

Why is it so hard to stay motivated? Probably because Jillian isn't into homeschooling right now and so it's easy to brush it off. Especially since I'm so tired. Water cycle is coming along slowly but at least it's not dead in the water (haha!). I'm going to try a new schedule tomorrow that is a little bit Montessori inspired. Each day I'll write up her required work of the day and set up 2 work sessions which she'll choose what she does when. So for example, I'll have: 1 math lesson, 1 math game (we have several homemade math games as well as math manipulatives and a learning pallette from Usborne which we love), 1 phonics page, 1 reading period, 1 lapbook session and something else. That's my rough idea anyway. I think she'll enjoy the freedom a little bit more, for sure! It's better than the $7200 I'd pay for the Montessori school a couple of towns over from me, although it does sound really really cool there. That's about it for now, brief post.

No comments:

Post a Comment